Friday, December 14, 2012

Talking about communicating science

I am very excited! I am going to attend a conference on communicating Science to the public. The National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent; http://www.nescent.org), in Durham, North Carolina, has committed financial support and resources for a three-day catalysis meeting devoted to this project.

Nothing like a meeting (and deadlines) to motivate me to write more about science.

The only problem is that I'm too busy doing science to write about it!! I'd say that there will be a break coming up, but I'm trying to get some analysis done for a collaborator with a grant deadline the first week of February. That means she needs the results by early January... in just a few weeks!!

The wonderful thing is that I don't really feel pressure (yet), because the project, and analysis is just so interesting. So with that, back to it!!

No comments: