Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Juicer fun


I got a masticating juicer for my birthday, and have really been enjoying it (the whole one day I've had it). It is really cool! It juices just about everything. I tried carrots, beets, onion, cilantro, swish chard, celery, tomatoes, kale, pears, apples, oranges, broccoli and cabbage. I want to try and figure out how to use most of the fibrous output (although there isn't much to do with the fibers from the kale other than compost them).

My first attempt was with the carrots, I made a carrot-ginger soup, and it was a wonderful start to our dinner (vegan enchiladas).

This morning we juiced a pear, carrots and a half a honeydew. It's amazing how sweet the fruit juices are.

My favorite thing about the juicer is that I can make fresh fruit and vegetable juices for our daughter (and water them down). Yesterday she had half-carrot, half-water with dinner and this morning she really loved the honeydew juice. Yay!

No comments: