Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's so easy being green

So, I've not really made a huge effort, and have really enjoyed being mostly-vegan the past few days.

Yesterday (sorry, I forgot to take pictures) I made vegan peanut butter cookies. They were very flavorful, but a little crumbly, probably because I used whole wheat flour.

For dinner I made amazing green vegan enchiladas. I used green enchilada sauce, layered with corn tortillas and a mix of Fantastic Foods Taco mix with a can of no-salt-added kidney beans.


After some research, I decided to try the daiya cheddar style shreds to melt on top and was not disappointed. 

I also bought some seitan and some tempeh, but haven't decided what to make with them yet. I'll blog more when I actually make something with them. But, so far our family's forays into being mostly-vegan have been easy and delicious.

No comments: