Thursday, December 2, 2010

Technology fail, part two

After completely reinstalling Word 2008 and Endnote X3, following all the guidelines online, including manually defining startup pathnames, ensuring all updates were installed, and being particularly anal about ensuring I opened everything in the correct order, I've still had no luck getting the two to communicate.

The last effort is to upgrade my operating system from Mac OS 10.4 to Snow Leopard, so as of noon today my desktop has taken a small vacation up to the fifth floor to be rebooted. Consequently I'll be working on my laptop the next day or two. The one small problem is that I forgot to restart my "Dropbox" (due to network security Dropbox requires me to restart it on my desktop to sync updates, whereas from home, all updates are nearly instantaneous). Now, I'm left with the option to either re-write two days of work, or take a vacation from the projects until my desktop returns home.

So, in my forced vacation, I am motivated to work on some more Accessible Research blog posts. Look for a few more in the next day or so.

No comments: