Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bonjour!

Je suis en forme. :)

I've decided to try to learn some French before my trip in July. My friend recommended Coffee Break French, and I have to say after only a day, it is tres bien (sorry for the lack of accents). There are 80 lessons, but I don't want to be overly-ambitious (considering I'm also trying to get some serious work done this summer). I think I can get through half of them before July 3. I changed my facebook to read in French - it may not be super-helpful, but will remind me to practice. And help me with reading, because I'm mainly listening to the podcasts.

In other news, we got our first CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) from Plowshare Produce yesterday - and added a fantastic loaf of kalamata olive bread (bread AND olives, in one?!... genius!!!). We were able to meet one of the farmers, Bethany. She was lovely.



Yesterday for dinner and today for lunch we had salads, and tonight I made an Rustic Potato soup (with hot chicken sausage instead of kielbasa, a large yellow onion instead of leeks and omitting the butter). It was fantastic.

No comments: